Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Batman: The Dark Knight


 

 


            Hello, everybody. I know what some of you are going to say, that I should stop informing you about the comic book companies, and to start informing and giving my opinion about the characters themselves. Well, that’s exactly what I’m going to do, and who better to start with than one of the most popular superheroes ever: Batman.


Batman, as you may already know, saw his parents die in front of him when he was a child, and seeking justice, he became the iconic hero we all know and love, with his main objective consisting of stopping criminals, whether ordinary thugs, or one of his rogues gallery, at night, while making sure that the tragedy he had gone through, would never happen to anyone else ever again. What I like the most about Batman is that he doesn’t have superpowers, instead only relying on his gadgets, in order to be a hero. I am also impressed by the fact that he deals with a large amount of villains, as well as how these villains are, in one way or another, dark reflections of the Caped Crusader.
 
I have to admit that I have only read about most of the Batman storylines on the Internet, with the only comic book story I have bought from a store and read at home so far being The Dark Knight Returns. I also have the animated films of “Batman: Year One” and “Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker” on Blu-ray, not to mention the live-action Christopher Nolan Batman films.
 I have recently acquired the "Night of the Owls" storyline, which is, in my opinion, one of the best Batman stories ever. When I took this picture, I didn't have that comic book yet, and I was planning to take a picture of it, and insert it either in this post, or my 9th post (Two-Face: The Twisted Judge), but I later decided it would be better if I just showed you the picture, when I get ready to talk about that comic book storyline one of these days.

            I can’t wait to talk about one of these films or the comic book storylines mentioned above, ¿what about you? I have a feeling my next entry will be either about the Man of Steel, The Amazing Spider-Man, or one of the Batman’s greatest enemies. Feel free to comment about what you expect to see next on this blog.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment