Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Venom: The Lethal Protector


Surprise!! I’m taking a break from talking about my favorite superheroes, and now it’s time I start talking about my favorite supervillains.

I’ll start with Venom, who is my 2nd favorite Spider-Man villain, because not only he has all of the powers that Spider-Man has, but also because he is immune to his spider sense (due to his symbiote having previously been attached to Spider-Man), which enables him to attack Spider-Man by surprise.

Quote from "The Spectacular Spider-Man" (2008):
Venom: "We're poison to Peter Parker and Spider-Man; We're VENOM!!

You know what’s ironic? When I was a kid, Venom used to scare the crap out of me, especially in Spider-Man 3, when in his first full appearance he scared the s*** out of me (here's a pic of that scary Venom scene for those of you who are confused):

Quote from "Spider-Man: The Animated Series" (1995):
Venom: "You'll see us everywhere, even in your nightmares!!"
 
So, over time, I managed to overcome my fear of the character. Out of all the different versions of Venom that have appeared in the comics, my favorites are the original Venom, the 3rd Venom (or as I like to call him, Scorpinom or Venorpion, because that Venom was another Spider-Man villain called Scorpion), and Agent Venom (Flash Thompson), who can be found at the center of this image:
 
 

Now when I look back to Spider-Man 3, I still can’t believe that this character, appeared in only the last 15 minutes of the movie, but he technically appeared in 10 min, do you hear me? ONLY 10 MINUTES, and the Venom from THAT movie still scared me anyways when I was little, can you believe it? (Breaks into hysterical laughter) He…heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!


 
(Calms down 14 minutes later) Ok, I think that’s…enough for today. I’ll make sure not to overexaggerate over past traumas next time. Hopefully, next post will be about a character that sounds very interesting to me, I absolutely liked this character from the very beginning, and I would be very impressed if that character was one of the main villains in the “Batman vs. Superman” 2016 film. Don’t you know who that character is? Well, riddle me this, who is a green-skinned alien, has three circular dots in his head, and is one of the most dangerous enemies Superman has ever faced? You still don’t know who that character is? Here’s a little hint: the character I will be talking about in my next post is the main villain in the animated film “Superman: Unbound” (or “Superman: Desatado” in Spanish). Bye-bye for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment